1990 Harley Davidson FLHS
Damn I like that blue.
Leaving it stock means it should last forever. Some minor tuning and tweaking.
- CV Keihin carburetor modified - slide drilled,
idle mix screw unplugged, needle jet replaced with #27094-88,
idle jet 45, main 185
- Rattling gearshifts: After looking at a new Road
King, I did the same and cut a 3/4" ID rubber hose, 3/4" wide and
slipped it over the metal collar between the gearshifts and the
primary case to dampen the rattling
- Stage 3 engine work: shaved heads .050" to raise
the compression to 9.2:1, EV27 cam, adjustable pushrods, Dyna 2000i
ignition, Dynatek DC6-5 coils, Zippers air cleaner, Supertrapp 2-1
exhaust. Sounds like an uncorked Ducati now.
- Replaced starter with All-Balls Racing 80-1001.
- Front belt-drive pulley came loose at 55,000
miles, replaced with a new Baker 32T long life pulley, new tranny
nut lock plate..
- Replaced the Yuasa YTX 24HL with an Odyssey 680.
Replaced voltage regulator with CE-320.
- Tires: Tried
the Dunlops, the Avons, the Bridgestone Spitfires, now on a set of
matched Metzeler ME880 front and rear. 40-44psi. Replaced the
- 5000km Engine Oil - Mobil 1 15W-50 and Bosch 3330
filter (Evo friendly 40 micron)
- 10,000km Primary - Mobil 1 MX4T 10-40
- 20,000km Transmission - Mobil 1 75W140 LS
- 20,000 km Fork fluid - Screaming Eagle Front Fork
Page Updated: April 21, 2016